What is document translation & who uses it?
Document translation is the process of converting written text from one language into another. We translate over 200 languages into English, from English, and from a variety of other language combinations depending on the scope of work. Whether you need an English contracted translated into Arabic or a user’s manual translated from Japanese into English or a brochure from Spanish into French, iTi has your back.
Even companies and organizations that don’t work internationally have a frequent need for document translation due to the increasing population of non-English speakers within the United States. Considering the diversity of languages used worldwide, a plethora of industries frequently use our translation services including:
- Social services
- Public health
- Homeland security
- Marketing and advertising
What types of documents need translation?
Depending on the industry in which you operate, any number of documents and content can require translation. Regulated industries such as healthcare, government, and legal are required by law to translate any number of documents such as legal forms, waivers, outreach material, contracts, and notices.
Brochures, website content, and various marketing materials are also documents we commonly translate every day across many industries.
Corporations that operate across multiple countries have a sharp focus on translating internal communication materials so all employees receive equal training and management. Emails, meeting notes, training materials, safety materials, and HR documents are a few materials that help these types of organizations run smoothly and efficiently. We also translate:
- Website content
- Blog posts & various articles
- IRB paperwork
- Hospital forms
- HR manuals
- Employee handbooks
- Technical manuals
- Public outreach documents
- Personal documents
What are the benefits of
The benefits of professional translation services are vast. All iTi translators, proofreaders, and editors are native speakers who understand the complexities of language. We produce accurate, professional translations that you can trust reflect the original document in content, tone, style, and format. Working with a translation agency on a consistent basis allows you to build a relationship with the provider. The better your translation agency understands your organization and its goals, the better product they will provide.
When you work with iTi, you are assigned a dedicated Account Manager and Project Management team. We value our client relationships and strive to get to know your business on a personal level. This allows our team to best serve you by being able to assign the best suited team of translators, editors, and proofreaders.
To ensure consistency and accuracy over time, iTi’s translation department utilizes various technologies such as translation management software (TMS). TMS enables our team to effectively manage terminology for each client to produce high quality translations.
- We maintain translation memories, term bases, and glossaries for clients across any number of languages. Language and translation is a complex matter. There is a multitude of ways to translate any given word. We work closely with clients to identify how best to convey their messages in other languages.
Glossary Creation and Management
- Glossary creation is a team effort between iTi’s team and our client to determine the most appropriate translations. iTi’s Project Managers continuously update the glossaries based on client feedback to ensure that every linguist working on each project has the most up to date version.
- Some clients already have a glossary they work with, in which case our team will manage it moving forward.
- As part of the glossary, we create and manage a custom term base for each client. The term base stores terms and phrases that are used very frequently by clients. It includes definitions for the terms, often industry specific, and will also identify terms that should remain in English, such as names and titles.
Translation Memory (TM)
- Translation Memory is a tool used to monitor and assist with the translation process. Translation Memory is a database within the TMS that monitors the progress of translation in real time and memorizes translated words, phrases, or sentences.
- Translation Memory develops and expands with each translation per client. When a phrase, sentence, or paragraph is encountered that has been previously translated (in a single document or across multiple documents), the TM will notify the translator and allow him/her to insert or modify the previously translated text. This benefits the client with repetition discounts and quicker turnaround times, and results in improved translation quality.
The privacy and confidentiality of our client’s projects is a top priority for our translation team. We have numerous safeguards in place to ensure full confidentiality of every document we handle.
- Encrypted email to protect information discussed through email as well as attached documents.
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDA): we frequently put NDAs in place with clients.
- Secure and fully encrypted portal to send documents and packages outside of email.
- On-site secure data center up to Department of Defense specifications.
- Documents never leave our server. Translators translate inside our translation management system so your documents will always remain secure.
- All translators sign confidentiality agreements and undergo background checks and never discuss any work with anyone but iTi’s team.
Timeliness for all clients’ needs
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and personal service to all clients’ needs. Every client is assigned a dedicated Account Manager so you’ll never have to worry about being bounced around between customer service representatives. Our professional translation Project Managers are also dedicated to clients and available for any project specific questions.
No matter your timeline, we never miss a deadline! In a rush? Give us a call, we’ll make it happen without sacrificing the quality our clients are accustomed to.
File transferSubmit your files and any special instructions
Quote confirmationWe review the files, discuss special details with client, confirm the cost and timeframe
Translation processEvery document translation is meticulously overseen by a Project Manager and goes through multiple round of quality assurance checks
years of experience
Quality Control Process
We have been proudly ISO 9001:2015 certified since 2015. ISO is an international standard that monitors quality management and continuous improvement. Our onboarding process through rigorous linguistic validation is strict and thorough
- All interpreters sign confidentiality agreements so you can feel secure working with them through any type of discussion or meeting.
- Interpreters are monitored for quality, professionalism, timeliness, and more to ensure our clients receive the highest level of service
World Class NPS Score of 75
How do we know this? We survey clients on a daily basis asking the simple question: How likely are you to recommend our services to a friend or colleague?
Over two years later, still collecting data, we are proud to sport a Net Promoter Score (NPS) in the range of Starbucks (77) and Amazon (69). We love our clients, and clearly they love working with us, too! What are you waiting for?