Translations: Manager of Translation Services
Location: CT | USA
Reports to: President
Reporting to the president of the company, the Manager of Translation Services will provide strategic leadership to the Translation Services department as part of the senior leadership team and be actively engaged in developing department’s long-term business strategies and P&L responsibilities. Acts as an advisor to the CEO and leadership team on a broad range of strategic, sales, marketing, product and services related issues. Models and acts in accordance with iTi’s mission, vision and core values.
The primary function of this role is leading Translation operations within the company and managing a team of coordinators to create and maintain the iTi Experience for our clients, vendors, employees and partners.
The following key accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
- 15% Provide strategic leadership to ensure proactive and effective growth of Translation department to support ongoing ITI business growth and profitably.
- Develop strategic and tactical product/ services recommendations and oversee execution of these recommendations.
- Develop and lead annual budgets and strategic planning process for translation department
- Identifies and addresses organizational development issues that challenge and support the corporate strategy and objectives.
- Establishes strategic and tactical performance measures for translation department, monitor results and drives execution.
- Keeps informed of and informs the leadership team on current trends, issues, problems and activities to facilitate policy making and strategy development.
- Understand and focus on keeping abreast of latest developments in the Translation industry and develop strategies to integrate technology based systems and processes.
- Develop expertise on leading edge Translation Management and Machine Translation.
- 60% Lead the Translation department effectively to deliver department and business goals.
- Ensures goals are clearly defined and communicated to the team along with execution strategies and guidance.
- Develop organizational and department capabilities to manage execution and measure results.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure high employee engagement, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve department and business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote iTi’s key messages and achieve a competitive advantage in market place.
- Coach and train team members on how to engage with customers, vendors and other stakeholders to address people issues and build capabilities effectively.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and guides personnel to ensure that department and business goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Identifies and implements process improvements, including automation opportunities across the organization.
- Own the Translation Department’s P&L responsibility- plans and executes strategies to increase sales while controlling operational costs within the budgeted parameters.
- Providing employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities through ongoing formal and informal performance reviews and implementation of professional development, education and training.
- Assist in creating and implementing a new employee orientation and onboarding program to ensure quick assimilation into the department and promptly deliver quality services.
- Ensure that screening and evaluation techniques are rigorous and effective in aligning employee skills with business and customer needs and requirements.
- 15% Lead and manage service quality to ensure outstanding customer experience
- Ensure the customer contracts are executed in a timely manner while maintaining service quality.
- Interpret, manage and communicate changes in contracts and provide appropriate services in a timely manner.
- Effectively handle and resolve problems, conflicts, and other customer issues to ensure that ITI and its team members are protected while delivering the services.
- 10% Lead and manage vendor management program to ensure service quality and cost management
- Create a repeatable process to effectively recruit qualified vendors.
- Develop and implement an effective vendor orientation program to ensure that ITI standards, procedures, methods and practices are appropriately delivered.
- Create service level agreements (SLA) with all vendors and ensure that delivery quality to the customer is always maintained.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training to maintain and obtain additional certifications.
- Develop, monitor and maintain program policies, procedures and standards of practice in compliance with company and customers policy, safety and security protocols, standards and regulations.
- Lead the quality assurance program in accordance with business and departmental requirements, establishing indicators and monitoring resulting data.
Associate Degree / Bachelor’s degree in communications/healthcare or any other field.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Bilingual preferred.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Progressive experience in any service organizations (10 years)
- Supervisory/leadership experience managing teams (5 years)
- Customer service expert (5-10 years)
- Recruiting, developing and managing talent in organizations (2 years)
- Financial analysis and profit and loss responsibility (2 years)
- Experience in sales and business development (2-3 years)
- Technical project management experience (2-3 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills
- Strategic and futuristic thinker
- The ability to understand and integrate technology and software based systems and processes.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse group of people
- Quick learner and effective negotiator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
ITI is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis.