IT: Implementation and Support Specialist
Location: Glastonbury, CT | USA
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Implementation and Support Specialist has dual responsibilities of ensuring that clients have positive experience buying our equipment and also satisfying the customers with outstanding technical assistance, support and advise on a timely basis as per agreed upon service level agreements (SLA).
The Implementation and Support Specialist use his/her technical knowledge to install, monitor and customize systems for clients after the initial purchase. He/ She is responsible for resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities and ensuring that end users are completely satisfied and adopt the new systems to run their day-to-day operations. They will ensure that a client doesn’t just buy their company’s product, but has a positive experience with it, by providing technical assistance, support and advice to customers and users.
He/ She will be the key accountable person driving communication on technical and equipment point of view between all internal departments, external customers, clients and iTi operations team. This position is also responsible for providing outstanding customer service to ensure an NPS score to exceed iTi standards or customer requested standards.
Another critical function of this role is to create and maintain the iTi Experience for our clients, vendors, employees and partners. This person needs to model and act in accordance with iTi’s mission, vision and core values and drive them across all the stakeholders they interact with at any given time.
The following key accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
60% Coordinate with iTi sales and customer teams to ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLA) are understood and implemented to ensure new high customer satisfaction and adoption
- Initiate implementation process by successfully taking over responsibilities from iTi sales associate and become the key point of contact for the customer for implementation
- Be accountable for creating project management timeline based on SLAs and execute within budget
- Responsible for ongoing communication with the client, documenting their unique priorities, needs and desires and ensure that they are delivered within budget and promised timeline
- Ensure that all equipment is assembled and tested to meet customer’s unique requirements
- Deliver the equipment (VRI, OPI and any other hardware) to the customer site as promised and meet all delivery schedules
- Demonstrate and train all customer personnel and end users such that they are proficient in using all aspects of the equipment and iTi services
- Ensure all final installations are thoroughly implemented, verified, tested and transferred ownership to client’s staff as required
- Obtain client sign-off after installation, demonstration, training and equipment hand-off to client’s staff
20% Ensure that all after installation support functions are performed at highest standards to ensure client’s staff satisfaction and enhance iTi’s reputation
- Be the first point of contact (phone, email, or any other way customer contacts iTi) for customers and provide technical assistance, support and advise on a broad range of issues that customers face
- Ensure excellent knowledge and capability to interpret and solve problems efficiently
- Utilize superior communication skills to earn clients trust while resolving customer queries, recommending solutions, and guiding them through various features and benefits when required
- Be proficient with mobile device management and utilize it effectively to manage customer solutions.
20% Facilitate internal and external resources to ensure cost effective solutions to iTi and customers while supporting and training all internal departments
- Gather ongoing feedback from new and existing clients and sharing with sales, operations and leadership team
- Become a knowledge resource for all sales personal so that they can leverage your expertise in closing deals
- Coordinate with finance to ensure all the software and hardware costs are optimized; ensure that all POs are accurate and complete before equipment delivery and training
- Design, deliver and update training manuals and materials on an ongoing basis to ensure internal teams and clients are receiving the latest training.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree / bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience in equipment installation and support functions
- Strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills (2-3 years)
- Outstanding customer service and after sale support skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy.
- Demonstrate accountability, personal integrity, organizational skills and proactive positive attitude while executing ongoing tasks.
- Excellent problem solver with an ability to multitask in a customer’s facilities
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, multi-tasker and a resilient planner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse group of linguists.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Fluent in written and spoken English.
iTi is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V