Interpreting: Coordinator of Interpreter Services
Reports to: Interpretations Department Manager
Reporting to the Interpretations Department Manager, the Coordinator of Interpreter Services has the key responsibility of ensuring that all assignments are filled in a timely manner. He/ She will be the key communicator between language interpreters, clients and iTi operations team. The primary role of this position is to schedule interpreters to ensure our client needs are met always while achieving the set fill rate goal as determined by the client or iTi internal standard. This position is also responsible for providing outstanding customer service to ensure a NPS score of 70% or greater.
The primary function of this role is to create and maintain the iTi Experience for our clients, vendors, employees and partners. This person needs to model and act in accordance with iTi’s mission, vision and core values at all times.
The following key accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
- 80% Ensure that all assignments are confirmed with clients and interpreters to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction and meet fill rate goals.
- Organize daily workflows to ensure that all interpreting delivery deadlines are met.
- Pre-plan, strategize and focus on assigning interpreters to specific languages and locations where iTi has traditionally not been able to provide linguists with appropriate skills.
- As part of the operations team, proactively collaborate with recruiters and prioritize efforts to recruit appropriate linguists on a timely basis.
- Proactively work with the Interpreting department manager and leadership team to understand upcoming new contracts and ensure that linguists for all forecasted languages are scheduled and ready to be assigned.
- Ensure that supplier database is always up to date and complete with all required linguists information that may include their qualifications and services (legal, healthcare, courts etc.,) they can provide.
- Organize and prioritize daily work flow to ensure that all deadlines are met and the company goal of 98.5% fill rate is achieved every time it is calculated (daily, weekly and/or monthly).
- Work diligently and execute any ad hoc requests for linguists from coordinators, sales teams and leadership team etc.
- Actively participate and support the training and customer satisfaction team to ensure continuous improvement and enhancing client satisfaction.
- Facilitate the resolution of escalated risks and issues and follow-up to ensure full remediation
- 20% Focus on continuous improvement effort to enhance the quality management system and enhancing linguists and client satisfaction
- Participate and contribute to all continuous improvement efforts that include daily and weekly huddles (4DX sessions).
- Lead the data analysis efforts as required and facilitate 4DX sessions as required to continuously learn and improve customer satisfaction and fill rates.
- Continuously strive to improve and document all relevant procedures and work instructions to increase productivity of the operations team.
- Suggest, discuss and implement creative and innovative solutions to ensure linguists choose iTi as their top choice for accepting assignments.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with all linguists to enhance their loyalty to iTi.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree / bachelor’s degree in business or any related field.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience (at least 1 year of linguistic industry preferred).
- Experience in schedule management (1 year)
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy.
- Demonstrate accountability, personal integrity, organizational skills and proactive positive attitude while executing ongoing tasks.
- Customer service centric personality.
- Computer savvy and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Bilingual preferred.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Progressive experience in any service organizations (3-5 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Exceptional note taking skills coupled with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, multi-tasker and a resilient planner.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team Player.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse group of linguists.
- Quick learner and effective negotiator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment sitting in front of a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to multi-tasking while interacting on the phone or other electronic devices.
iTi is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V